Whew. This week was a lot to get through, but I managed. First we began with listening to our incredible radio shows. It was obvious that a lot of work had been put into these, and I was thoroughly impressed. I personally reviewed the Meme Show for my RadioListen. Excellent work all around.
I then moved into learning how to use X-Ray Goggles. The actual installation and use wasn’t that hard to navigate, and I quickly moved to playing around with the tool. I first manipulated our main UMW site to make it seem like a school for Witchcraft and Wizardry. I then used the same tool to create my own personalized search engine. I finally moved to altering YouTube, implying that Eowyn’s encounter with the Witch King involved romance and providing some pro-Sauron summaries for the side videos. For my last assignment, I moved away from X-Ray Goggles, instead deciding to play with Google Translate to totally change our national anthem. Overall, these exercises were a fun way to demonstrate the fact that the web is not a static entity.
I also combed through our blog feed to contribute to the ds106 showcase. It was beyond evident that we have a lot of creative work being produced by this course. In addition, I connected my daily creates through the point of view of an author to make them coherent as a single entity. Overall, this was a long but productive week.