This week really focused on getting us prepared for the radio show project. Our group quickly put together a google doc for planning. I used some of my weekly assignments to contribute to developing the project. One of the assignments I completed was a fun little commercial for a fictitious Gods Away Spray to assist Xena when she has to deal with the meddling of Greek deities. It’s lighthearted and funny, and I was quite proud of the end result. I also completed a promo poster for our radio show through GIMP. This took some playing around with, but I believe the outcome successfully communicates our theme in a clear and concise, yet engaging manner. The full assessment of our progress can be seen in this post.
Other audio projects, while perhaps not directly assisting with the radio project, did help with improving my familiarity with Audacity. I was able to experiment with tone while mimicking the style of Don LaFontaine. I also had the opportunity to reclaim spam. Finally, I continued my recurring theme of using Xena at every possible opportunity by creating a fictitious voicemail for the character. Overall, this week really focused on audio, and more specifically with preparing us for this radio show project. And I believe our group is ready to tackle the challenge!
In addition, the daily creates were somewhat more involved this week. One involved making a gif:
— Anna Rinko (@rinko_anna) October 5, 2016
Another involved poetry:
— Anna Rinko (@rinko_anna) October 6, 2016
And the last one involved creating clones through messing with panoramas. This one was especially fun as I was literally running around the room getting into position. 3 clones is pretty successful!
— Anna Rinko (@rinko_anna) October 7, 2016